New Model Version Rollout
Upstream Tech has a structured release process for new forecast models designed to ensure a clear understanding of any changes and operational continuity while enabling ongoing improvement to forecast models. The following outlines the process when an improved model is pending release with a customer organization:
- Users at the organization are notified via email that a new model will be released and the expected roll-out timeline.
- When a new model is ready, we email users the release notes with back-cast verification statistics and a description of model changes.
- We optionally provide a video call with an organization’s users to field additional feedback.
- We commence the release of the updated forecast model by providing both the existing and updated model versions in our forecast deliveries concurrently.
- When users and Upstream Tech are satisfied with the real time performance of the new model, Upstream Tech ceases production of forecasts from the older model version.