This article includes:
- Report generation overview
- Creating a report
- Modifying a report
- Customizing the organization logo on a report
- Finalizing and saving
Report generation overview
Generate a monitoring report with the click of a button in Lens. From the Notes pane, simply click the “Create Report” button at the top. These on-demand reports allow you to capture all your notes in one place using any of the available imagery layers and associated notes for your desired date range. Once created, the report can be printed or saved as a PDF.
You can generate unlimited reports. Reports generated using Lens may be used internally, or distributed to entities such as the Land Trust Accreditation Commission, landowners, legal counsel, contractors, and government or non-profit collaborators.
A report consists of one or more Property Overview pages and your observations from the notes pane in Lens. To learn more about creating notes, see Making Notes. If you are only seeing one image on your report (the Property Overview page), it is likely because your Property does not have Notes for the selected report time range. By default, the Property Overview page will display the most recent Truecolor, high-resolution layer, if one is available. You can edit this image by selecting any other high-resolution option from the dropdown menu on the Property Overview page. Metadata, including capture time for satellite sources, will appear next to the image in the report.
Creating a report
- Select a Property.
- Select "Notes" in the left sidebar.
- Modify the date range to align with your desired start and end date for the report. The range defaults to the current year, so in many cases, you won't have to change this.
- Click the "Create Report" button, which will open your report in a separate browser window. Holding “command” while clicking the document button will open the report in a new tab in the same browser window.
- If you working in a multi-location property, you have the option to create a report for “Only this Location” or for “All Locations for this Property”.
- You may get a note from your browser that Lens is trying to open another window. If you are having trouble, follow the instructions below to configure your web browser to allow pop-up windows for your selected websites:
Modifying a report
There are a variety of ways you can modify your Lens reports to suit your needs. Modifications in the report will have no effect on notes made in Lens and will not be saved if you exit the window and then re-open. You must print or save the report in order to maintain your modifications.
Modifying the Title page
- All text can be edited by selecting the relevant text box
- You can also utilize the free-form text box to add additional commentary about your property
Modifying the Property Overview page
- The “Property Overview” title can be edited by selecting the text box.
- Imagery can be changed to any Truecolor, high-resolution imagery available by hovering over the image and selecting the calendar icon.
- This page can be removed by clicking the “Exclude from report” button on the left-hand side of the page.
- Multiple Property Overview pages can be added by clicking the “+” button on the left-hand side of the page.
- Images can be re-positioned by changing the map extent and zoom.
- Hover over the map and click the "Edit" button. Once in editing mode, you can zoom in and out, and drag the map to change the view of your Observation.
- If you'd like to reset your changes, you can click the "Reset" button. Finalize your changes by clicking the "Checkmark" button.
- Observations can be reordered using the up/down arrows on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Observations can be excluded by clicking the “Exclude from report” button on the left-hand side of the page (all notes are included by default).
- Overlays can be displayed in the images on Observation pages.
- Hover over the map and click the overlay button and select one or more overlays to display. Note that this is only possible if you have added overlays to your Lens account.
- Exclude Analyze Area charts from an observation by clicking on the chart icon on the left-hand side of the page. By default, these charts will be included.
- Include attachments on the relevant Observation page
- Select the paperclip icon on the left-hand side of the screen, and select the desired attachment.
- Map scales will appear on the property overview map by default. It may be hidden by hovering over the map and clicking the ruler icon button.
- The scale is hidden by default on observation maps but may be shown if desired.
- Scales will default to the imperial measurement system, but will use metric if your organization is using hectares as its area unit.
Customizing reports with your organization's logo
Admin users on Plus and Enterprise accounts can upload their organization's logo to be included in reports. This logo appears on the title page and gives a custom touch to your organization's reports.
To add a logo to your account, navigate to the Settings page from the top right corner dropdown. On the Organization tab, Admin users will see a place to upload your logo. We support PNG, JPG, and JPEG file types for logos. If no logo is added, the Upstream Tech logo will appear by default.
As soon as your organization’s logo is added, it will appear on all reports generated through Lens, as shown in the example below:
Finalizing and saving
To finalize and print, click the "Print" button. From there, you can "Save as PDF" or print a hard copy. If the "Print" button is disabled, it may be because you are still in editing mode for one or more of your Observations.
Your browser may automatically apply a header and footer to your report. You can disable this by doing the following:
- Apple Safari: Click "Show Details," if visible. Uncheck the "Print headers and footers" option.
- Google Chrome: Click the "More settings" section. Uncheck the "Headers and footers" option.
- Mozilla Firefox: Click "Show Details," if visible. Change all "Page Headers" and "Page Footers" dropdown menus to the "--blank--" option.
- Microsoft Edge: Change "Headers and footers" dropdown menu to the "Off" option.
🎉 Congratulations! You've created a report.